Chapter Meeting with lunch on November 6, 2018
October 31, 2018
Two sessions will be held in LL 430
- Session 1
- 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Session 2
- 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
- Recap of first meeting with President de la Torre
- Custodial shift change
- Board of Directors meeting report
- New safety committee
- AB 1231 steps bill was vetoed - what next
- Second annual Staff Dev. Conf. spring early April - bring your ideas on what it should include
Don't forget to Vote!
Custodial Changes - Did Management Really Think?
October 29, 2018
Facilities Management has unilaterally decided to change approximately 60 night shift custodial employees to day shifts. Did they think about operational plan for the campus in this change? How can classrooms, bathrooms, labs and offices be cleaned while students, staff and faculty are in them?
To read more check out this leaflet
What has your Union done for you lately?
July 6, 2018
- ● Effective July 1, 2018, you will be receiving another 3% raise!
Please note: your July pay stub (that we receive on July 31) will reflect the 3% increase.
- ● We will also receive another 3% percent on July 1, 2019.
- ● Salary Step Bill and Lobby Day Video hear your CSUEU leaders working for you in Sacramento
- ● CSUEU has a new website. Click on the link to check it out!
CSUEU Welcomes Dr. Shirley Weber March 16
March 13, 2018
Meet Dr. Shirley Weber, CA Assembly Member and Author of AB-1231: Legislation to Re-Introduce Employee Pay Steps
- ● When: Friday, March 16, 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.
- ● Where: Arts & Letters Bldg., Room 201
- ● Light refreshments will be served
California State Assembly member, Dr. Shirley Weber has introduced AB-1231 to the state legislature to put pay steps back in place for CSU employees. These steps will allow CSU employees a much faster and more direct route to reach the top of their pay scale.
The CSUEU wishes to thank Dr. Weber for introducing the bill and in seeing it through the first hurdle in the legislative process with a plaque that recognizes her ongoing and tireless efforts on behalf of all CSU employees.
Please join us for light refreshments and to meet and thank Dr. Weber for helping CSU in the first step toward replacing pay steps.
The agenda is as follows:
- ● 12:00 – 12:10: The History of CSU Pay Steps (Brian Young – CSUEU Labor Relations Representative )
- ● 12:10 – 12:20: Employee Testimony (Tessy Reese – CSUEU Bargaining Unit 2 Council Chair)
- ● 12:20 – 12:30: AB1231 Legislative Information (Pete Rauch – CSUEU Legislative Committee)
- ● 12:30 – 12:40: Dr. Shirley Weber (79th CA Assembly Representative)
- ● 12:40 – 12:45: Presentation of plaque to Dr. Weber (Robert Yslas – CSUEU Chapter 318 President)
- ● 12:45 – 1:00: Questions and Commentary from Audience
CSU Board of Trustees Approves Contract
January 31, 2018
Great news! The three-year contract CSUSEU members overwhelmingly voted to ratify this month has been approved by the CSU Board of Trustees. Paychecks with the new 3% wage increase, retroactively covering the period of July 1, 2017 through February 28, 2018, and the $650 recognition bonus are expected to be issued by the State Controller's Office in March.
Neil Jacklin, CSUEU Acting President, stated: "We want to acknowledge that this is a strong and fair contract. But we must also say it should not have taken nearly one year of negotiations to reach the deal. As a union, we put our members first. But their job, as CSU support staff, is always about putting student services first. We hope the CSU will join us in adopting a more collaborative approach going forward."
Membership activism, especially here on the SDSU campus, was key to pressuring management to agree to a decent contract for support staff. More than 97 percent of CSUEU members who participated in the ratification process voted for the contract.
Up next...pushing state legislation for Steps. We hope you visit our web site often and our Facebook page for upcoming news and information.
Thank you for your support!
Vote on the Tentative Agreement
January 17, 2018
Only members can vote for or against the Tentative Agreement
If you would like to participate in the voting to accept or reject the Tentative Agreement (TA) between the CSU and CSUEU you MUST be a MEMBER of CSUEU.Tentative Agreement (TA) Financials:
- ● 3% GSI (General Salary Increase) for 2017-2018 -- Retroactive back to July 1, 2017, from the date of ratification of the contract by CSUEU and the CSU
- ● 3% GSI for 2018-2019
- ● 3% GSI for 2019-2020
- ● Plus a $650.00 Signing Bonus upon Ratification of the Contract by CSUEU and the CSU
The difference in cost between a fair-share fee payer and a full member average just $0.11 a month, LESS THAN $1.50 PER YEAR! The benefits of paying that extra dollar and a half a year are significant.
Some of those benefits include:
- ● Power and Solidarity with your co-workers to win better pay, benefits and working conditions
- ● The RIGHT TO VOTE for your union representatives and contract
- ● ;Representation on disciplinary matters as well as contractual issues
- ● Educational Assistance in the form of grants, scholarships, and reimbursements
You’ll also get CSEA membership benefits:
- ● Death benefits (up to $3,000 depending on how long you’ve worked for the CSU)
- ● Discount tickets for theme parks, attractions, museums, and more
- ● ;Many, Many, more benefits
If you are new to the university, if you don’t know your membership status, if you’ve thought of joining the union but would like some questions answered first, we are here to help!
Please sign up today! Again, if you have any questions or need help filling out the forms, please contact CSUEU at (619) 594-3076.
- CSUEU Chapter 318 Officers:
- Robert Yslas, President
- Troy Compton, Treasurer
- Todd Rehfuss, Secretary
- Stan Wong, Organizing Chair
- Diana Osborn, Communications Chair
- Bargaining Unit Representatives & Stewards:
- Suzanne Finch, Chief Steward
- Tessy Reese, Unit 2
- Bernardo Ng, Unit 5
- Sherry Velthuysen, Unit 7
- Saul Sanchez, Unit 9
- Suzanne Finch, Chief Steward
Older articles can be found in the archives